Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Shipshewana Sunshine

The sun was shining in Shipshe March 12-14. Thank you, Chris at Lolly's, for hosting a Quilting Patches of Life booksigning. You made me feel very welcome, and as always, it's a pleasure to meet new people.

And the big cheezy smile I'm wearing in the picture at right is due to the "Grandma's Fan" quilt behind me...a lovely design and also the title of Chapter 11, my own submission about my grandma. The story tells how my grandma's influence provided stability to me as a struggling youth and her acts of kindness continue to fan out through time and generations even after her passing. It's guaranteed to make you laugh and cry. I still do when I read it. And I remember the lessons Grandma imparted to me.

Several other Shipshewana stores purchased inventory of Quilting Patches of Life, and I have a strong feeling I'll be back in the area again soon. The book and its lessons are a perfect fit for the Amish/Mennonite community and those drawn there to experience simple life lessons of faith, family and friends.

No comments: