Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Whirlwind!

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind!

This past Saturday, I faciliated an interdenominational prayer breakfast at our church. My pastor hosted the event, one of several that have taken place originating with Pam Hancock's Pastors and Intercessors Network Ministry (www.pinmtroy.blogspot.com), based at Zion Christian Church. What a sweet presence of God filled the house, and it is a blessing to join with Christians in the area to pray for our community.

And...I can't believe this one...but last Tuesday I was elected a precinct delegate in our primary election. Really, I didn't put my name on the ballot because I was bored and had some time to kill (quite the opposite). It's just that I firmly believe Christians cannot, must not abducate our responsibility to be influencers in our government and communities. If we don't let our voices be heard, they will be silenced. If we don't exercise our rights, they will atrophy.

"A democracy is only as great as the people who participate."

No comments: