Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

God's Gonna Shine in 2009!

Don't you believe it? I do! I was sitting at my desk working, and the phrase came to mind... Yes! God's Gonna Shine in 2009! And we are His little lights!

I'm an upbeat person, but also a realist. As I shared breakfast with my husband this morning, in celebration of our anniversary, we talked about our goals and concerns for 2009. There is much going on in our world, but as I looked across the table into his sparkling blue eyes, I realized something.

"I feel happy," I said.

Bill smiled, and we held hands across the tabletop. Although we scaled back on expenditures this holiday, I'd still been so busy I didn't really take the time to "check in" with my emotions, but I realized I was happy.

"Sometimes I'm almost afraid to feel happy, because I know life is going to smack me down again," I said.

"If you're happy," he replied, "or your miserable, the devil's still going to try to smack you down even farther. You might as well choose to be happy."

Sage advice...Thanks, Bill! Now, remember...let your little light shine for Jesus!

5 comments:

LauraLee Shaw said...

I feel the same way too sometimes, Lori. Let's shine together. I'm going to have that little song in my head all day now...

PS.. I tried to sign up to follow your blog, but I don't see a link to do so...;)

Lori Wagner said...

"This little light of mine..."

Hi, LauraLee! So nice to hear from you. I lifted the "follow this blog" option to a bit higher on the right-hand side of the screen, if you want to sign up.

FYI, I am hoping to have the manuscript complete for QPL2 within the month. I'll keep you posted.

Blessings!

Judy's Vintage Collections said...

Hello Sister Lori, I am on EA and I am Judy on there...I did not put my last name...I love Sister Oakes and her wonderful godly ways...I enjoyed reading you blogs...I will check out your book...
Be safe in Jesus, is my prayer..
from the heart of Texas...
A BIG HUG!
I ganna let my little Light shine all the time............2009 here we come...gonna be all I can be in Jesus...Oh how I love Jesus!
May windows of heaven open wide and pour upon you many blessing...
Love you, Sister Judy

Lori Wagner said...

Thank you so much, Judy! I was actually named afer a Judy...my middle name anyway. No, it's not Judy, but it is Kathryn after my dear deceased aunt, Judy Kathryn.

I love the big Texas hug! I lived in Dallas three years. I'm in Louisiana now for BOTT, and I am praying those windows will throw open this week.

God bless you!
Lori

Lori Wagner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.