Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

The Last Couple of Weeks

The last couple of weeks have been ultra busy. Seems like that is a trend this time of year.

I'll upload a few pictures and give a brief synopsis starting with Sunday, September 20. This first picture is me and my baby, Mr. Bill Wagner at Troy Daze. Our church, Faith Apostolic Church of Troy had a booth at this community event and we were there helping out, meeting folks, hosting games and just having a good time with our neighbors in Troy.

I didn't get pictures of this, but as part of the the Pastors & Intercessors Network Ministry (PINM), our church hosted the quarterly prayer breakfast September 26.

September 30 I flew out to General Conference in St. Louis and when I returned found this picture on the conference website. I wasn't able to stay for the entire event, but was so glad to be there for Ladies Day, the drama Wednesday night and also to be included in other meetings and events. And, as always, it was such a pleasure to be with the bookstore people who always make me feel welcome. Thank you, Publishing Hosue, for promoting my books and for those peanut M&Ms and diet Dr. Pepper!

The reason I had to come home early was for Praying for the Heart of Troy on October 3. I've uploaded one picture here, but there is a complete write-up with more pictures on the blog: www.praytroy.blogspot.com. I was excited that even though it rained we still had about 100 people in attendance and at least 8 churches represented as we gathered to pray for the needs of our community: our economy, businesses, families, government, etc.

And last, but certainly not least, the St. John's Armenian Fair was a blast, and I was so glad my family was there with me at a Bachik, the Birthday Kiss book signing on Sunday, October 4.

Everyone was so nice from the kids area to the bookstore. The children enjoyed actively participating in the book reading, and of course, the food was delicious...lahmajun and birds' nests...mmm, yummy!

No comments: