Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Christian Education Conference in Northville, Michigan

This was my first year to participate in the International Christian Education Association's Sunday School and Church Ministries Conference. I was blessed with a full auditorium for my Gates & Fences: Straight Talk in a Crooked World presentation. The format was somewhat different than a usual G&F presentation. I was not addressing youths and singles, but rather the people that work with them. But we old folks still had a good time. If I'm on the mic, you know there's going to be some laughter in the room. It's usually me laughing at myself, but hey, that's ok. God is good.

I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in years. "Hi, Jan!" I told her I'd put her photo on the blog -- my web diary of Affirming Faith activities.

I am impassioned about transmitting the blessings of Biblical boundaries, so it was a great day for me at the ICEA conference. I appreciate the opportunities the Lord provides for me to speak, exhibit Affirming Faith resources and meet fine people. Many expressed an interest in having me come out and speak to their youth, singles, and even ladies groups. Quilting Patches of Life has wonderful material for ladies gatherings -- from holiday teas to full blown conferences.

No comments: