Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

An Evening To Celebrate

What a great night . . . and a wonderful turnout at the book release party for Quilting Patches of Life. Many of the contributing authors were able to attend (pictured above).

A big THANKS goes out to the authors, our guests and visitors, and my dear friends who helped make the evening possible. I have the best church family in the world.

The atmosphere was charged with excitement. Throughout the evening, cases of books were shuttled -- one-by-one or by the armload -- from author to author to be autographed by their stories. Handmade quilts decorated the room, and the homemade brownies and other treats were delicious. Even the kids had a blast with the wooden trains and toys provided in the play area.

Each book I was privileged to sign received a quick prayer that it would encourage its reader wherever it went. It's a blessing and honor to be allowed to speak into people's lives.

And now on to the next event. I'm exhibiting and teaching a workshop in Northville at the ICEA conference tomorrow and Saturday. I look forward to speaking on the subject of my first book, Gates & Fences: Straight Talk in a Crooked World -- transmitting the blessings of biblical boundaries to youth and singles. Of course, I'll have some Quilting Patches of Life on-hand as well.

No comments: