Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Prayer Breakfast & Book Signing Event


What a lovely Christmas prayer breakfast the Pastors' & Intercessors' Network Ministry shared this morning[pinmtroy.blogspot.com].

I'm pictured with, Pam Hancock from Zion Christian Church; and the guys are Pastor Bob Cholette from Troy Assembly (who hosted the event), Don Aupperle from Hope Community Baptist and Family Life Radio, and my own dear husband, Bill.

People gathered from several area churches. We enjoyed a great breakfast and wonderful worship. Representation came from the Troy City Council, and we prayed for our community and our leaders.

Last night I was invited to a book signing at Borders in Birmingham for Tom Mooradian, author of "The Repatriate: Love, Basketball, and the KGB." At an afterglow event at Hagopian World of Rugs, a unique dedication was done for the book.

In addition to meeting many wonderful people, I was thankful for the opportunity to address those assembled and tell them about the Armenian projects I'm working on, in particular, Bachik the Birthday Kiss. Although my Armenian husband passed in 1997, I still feel connected with the Armenian people, and as I sign off, I am preparing to make an Armenian dish, cheese borak, with my daughter. We'll freeze them and have them for breakfast Christmas morning...one of our annual traditions.

No comments: