Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Detroit Armenian Women's Club

OK...so we didn't actually meet at the Geghard Monastery, but when I think of Armenia, I think of this famous location in Yerevan. I have a book proposal out, a series on world religions, one of which is titled Beyond the Tombs of Yerevan. I've also written an interactive bilingual book in Armenian and English for preschool and early elementary children titled Bachik the Birthday Kiss, and am in process with a middle school book about Armenian twins raised on the Cape in the 1950s, The Pirates of Castle Rock. Check the website in the future for availability of these titles.

Projects and silliness aside, I was pleased to speak at the December meeting of the Detroit Armenian Women's Club, and I thank the ladies for their hospitality, the fine meal, and the opportunity to share my connection with the Armenian community through my deceased husband, our children and my writing. The club is a charitable organization that raises funds for scholarships and relief work for the needy around the world.

For my Armenian friends, “Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Pari Gaghand!”

No comments: