Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Out of the Blue

For those who don't know my history, you may think this next project is completely out of the blue, and to some degree, it is. My first husband (deceased in 1997), was Armenian, and also a twin--very artistic, too. Before he got sick, we often traveled out East to visit his family where I experienced much of the Armenian culture: food, language, music, etc. My mother-in-law played jumping, clapping games with my little girl, and I've recently relived many of those memories when my younger brother-in-law brought a new little boy into the family.

So...here comes a new book! Following are one of the pictures painted by the very talented Andrea Kalajian, my niece and the daughter of my deceased husband's twin. There's a bit of copy from the back cover, too.

A delightful, interactive book, Bachik the Birthday Kiss engages young and old in its mingling of Armenian and English. This vibrantly illustrated, lively work is sure to be a favorite among children and educators, Armenian and non-Armenian alike. A pronunciation guide is included, and children will clap, jump and count along with the birthday boy as he celebrates his big day—a special time with family that ends in a double-cheeked birthday kiss.
For anyone interested in Andrea Kalajian's artwork, she has a blog: www.andreakalajian@blogspot.com.

Books will be available soon. Check back for more info.

No comments: