Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

So Much

What a joy to be with the kids from the Manoogian School. We had so much fun together sharing Bachik, the Birthday Kiss. After the book reading, I attended a tea at St. John's Armenian Church for Baroness Caroline Cox. It was wonderful to learn of the humanitarian work she is doing with the Armenian people, and of course, you know the food was awesome.

I left straight from there for Kentucky to participate in the annual Paducah Quilt Show. A guest of Rob & Betty's Quilt Books Unlimited exhibit, I met hundreds of people and shared Quilting Patches of Life over a three-day period. You know, quilters are just nice people. Have you ever met a mean-tempered quilter? I haven't. I was privileged to speak at the Wedneday evening service at Northside Church of God on the subject, "You Have a Field to Defend" and was so thankful many of my family were there. It was an honor to speak at my deceased father's home church.

From Paducah, I spun out to Indiana Ladies Retreat to enjoy the conference and sign more books. Always nice to be with the ladies in Indiana, especially my hostess with the mostest, Beverly. Thanks for everything. You were a doll!

I've been having technical problems will post some pictures soon.

No comments: