Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012


Hello, my friends! 

It seems like long ago, but less than two months have passed since the National Day of Prayer. It certainly was a HUMONGOUS-GIANTIFICAL day in Michigan and across our great nation. If you'd like to see a short clip of the event, click on the picture. 

If you're on Facebook, [CLICK HERE] for a great slideshow of the event.

After a deep breath and some of the NDP fog cleared from my brain and calendar, I began thinking and praying about where to invest my time most effectively in the upcoming elections. Of course, I'll be participating in prayer and special prayer events (including a trip to Washington, DC, this fall); but I felt I needed to do more. That's why I decided to accept a part-time internship with the Oakland County Republican Party (www.oaklandgop.net). 

I believe Christians need to be engaged and make our voices heard while we still have the right to speak, worship and freely assemble. With that in mind, I also began a new blog (www.loriwagnerpoliticallyspeaking.blogspot.com), because there is a need at times to delineate between spiritual and political activities . . . although I will say that my deep spiritual convictions are what compel me to be involved politically. I am also running for a fourth term as a Republican Precinct Delegate. 

My first trip to Montana was wonderful. It was such a blessing to be with the ladies of the Rocky Mountain District and speak at their annual ladies conference . . . and it was doubly nice to be with Sis. Gwyn Oakes, our Ladies Ministries President. It's a peaceful place beneath her leadership.

I'm excited about some newly scheduled upcoming events: 
7/18  - Marshall, Michigan - Senior High Camp Session
11/30-12/2 - Bethel, Alaska - Ladies Conference

For a list of all upcoming events, look in the right-hand column of this page.

Also new since my last post:

  • I received my ministerial credentials! 
  • New Beginnings asked me to be an Ambassador for their ministry, and I accepted!
  • The completed manuscript of Unmasked, the third book in the Pure Path series was turned in one day before deadline!
I am working now on the much requested sequel to The Rose of Sharon. The title is Buttercup, and I hope to have it out by General Conference.

If you're not on the newsletter mailing, send me your email address to loriwagner@affirmingfaith.com, and I'll add you to the mailing list for this FREE resource. There's going to be a contest and special promotion coming up soon you may be interested in.

Well, that's enough for now! I appreciate your time and friendship more than you know! Many blessings.

No comments: